RAW VEGAN SUSHI
Refreshing & cool. A light, tasty snack that's vibrant, super tasty, & loaded with phyto-nutrients. A fun way to include more vegetables into your diet.
Some people might think making sushi is time consuming or difficult to make. I would beg to differ. As long as you have the right tools, this easy dish can be ready in as little as 20 minutes!
You will need: a blender & a bamboo mat. No cooking required!
Makes 3 rolls
- 1 head of cauliflower (I used purple cauliflower in the picture),
- 1 medium sized carrot, sliced long
- 1 medium sized cucumber, sliced long
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced long
- 3 sheets raw nori
- small handful crushed walnuts OR sesame seeds
- (optional: sliced avocado)
- Apple cider vinegar to dip or sprinkle
- Chop the cauliflower into large chunks. Place in blender and use the "chop"option to obtain small pieces about the size of a grain of rice
- Place the raw nori shiny side faced down on a bamboo mat
- Scoop the chopped cauliflower onto the nori, creating a smooth layer. There should be about an inch of space on the nori on the top that is left clear of cauliflower
- Add the sliced veggies either one at a time (one veggie per roll) or a combination of all three. Place them bunched together on top of the cauliflower about 1/3 of the way up the nori
- Sprinkle the crushed walnuts or sesame seeds on the remaining cauliflower
- Dip your fingers in a bowl of water to wet the inch of nori at the top of the sheet
- Using your fingers to keep the veggies in place, begin rolling the nori away from you by using the bamboo mat as a guide. Once it is rolled up all the way press firmly all the way across the roll to make sure it seals shut. Remove the bamboo mat & place the roll onto a cutting board
- Slice the roll as thick or as thin as you like. Between slices you can rinse the knife in warm water so that the nori slices cleanly
- Sprinkle with more chopped walnuts & sprinkle with Apple Cider Vinegar (or use it as a dip the same way you would use soy sauce)