TURMERIC CINNAMON OATS
There are so many different ways to spice up your oatmeal. Over time, I've adjusted my best-meal-of-the-day to be both extremely delicious & contain as much nutrients & antioxidants that I can fit into my bowl!
- 2/3 cup dry rolled oats
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds*
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric**
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 banana
- handful of goji berries***
- handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
- small handful of pumpkin seeds or walnuts (or any nut of your choice)
- splash of almond milk (optional)
- Place dry oats in a bowl. Add in ground flax, cinnamon, turmeric & ginger. Mix well
- Add the boiling water. Give it a quick stir, then cover & let it sit for 5 minutes
- In the meantime, chop up your banana into small slices
- Remove the cover from the bowl. By now all the water should be soaked into the oats. If you desire, add your splash of almond milk to give it a smoother consistency
- Top your oats with banana, goji berries, seeds & blueberries. Mix well
* Flax Seeds should be bought whole & kept in somewhere cool & dark to reduce the oxidation of fats contained in the seed. When you're ready to use, grind up the seeds with a coffee grinder or mortar & pestle as this will ensure optimal absorption of the flax seeds. Flax is an excellent source of fiber and ALA, an essential fatty acid that we need to produce Omega 3 fatty acids in the body. A daily intake of flax seeds is recommended to get enough of this essential fatty acid!
** Turmeric is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory & pain relieving natural substance in the world. It is great for treating infection, diseases, & cleansing our vital organs.
*** Goji Berries - also called wolf berries - have been known as the "fountain of youth", great for skin health, & contain loads of antioxidants!